Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Wiki Assignment

One of the most difficult parts of this week's assignment to design a Wiki was deciding what type of Wiki to create.  Suffice it to say I was overwhelmed with the potential of this tool and did not know where to start!  I wanted to create a Wiki that I could actually use.  I decided to create a Wiki which I hope will add value to the planning and organization of an annual school/community event I have been involved with--Stuff-A-Bus.  I have been involved with this effort for the past three years and although there is a tremendous amount of satisfaction in being involved in such an important effort, there have been administrative/clerical frustrations along the way.  Constant e-mails back and forth, "I thought I told you that" types of scenarios.  The collaboration value of Wikis really hit home with me during this week's exploration and I hope the Stuff-A-Bus wikki will add value to the planning process.  It's definately a work-in-progress but I hope other committee members will accept and contribute to help make our project even greater!

1 comment: